2015 has been quite a season for our SLOT Tigers Track & Field Team.
We had a GREAT day at the diocese championship. 27 medals - many Golds. Our kids were fantastic!
2015 Track & Field season ended this past Saturday at the Diocese Championship Meet in Livermore.
33 student-athletes represented our school (a school record!), and we walked out with 27 medals! All 33 deserve tremendous credit and applause for making it to the final meet, but please join me in congratulating the following for their special accomplishments:
- Vander Cole, 2nd grade (Silver Medal in Softball Throw)
- Jordan Taylor, 3rd grade (Gold Medal in Tetherball Toss)
- Robert Paul Reems, 3rd grade (Gold Medal in 100m, Bronze Medal in 200m, Gold Medal in Softball Throw)
- Isabelly Duarte, Lamya Harrell, Eryn Marcus, Sydney Scott, 4th grade (Bronze Medal in 4x100 Relay)
- Sean Bullard, 4th grade (Silver Medal in 50m, Silver Medal in 100m, Bronze Medal in Softball Throw)
- Jasmine Taylor, 5th grade (Gold Medal in Softball Throw)
- Chardai Victorian, 5th grade (Gold Medal in 100m (tied Diocese record!), Gold Medal in 200m)
- Janelle Cole, 6th grade (Gold Medal in 4x100 Relay)
- Elon Critton, 6th grade (Silver Medal in 4x400 Relay)
- Emily Dotson, 6th grade (Gold Medal in 4x100 Relay, Silver Medal in 4x400 Relay)
- Mika Roberts, 6th grade (Gold Medal in 4x100 Relay, Silver Medal in 4x400 Relay)
- Milan Tuttle, 6th grade (Gold Medal in 4x100 Relay, Gold Medal in Softball Throw)
- Leila Paige, 7th grade (Bronze Medal in 100m)
- Taylor Viera, 7th Grade (Silver Medal in 4x400m Relay, Bronze Medal in 400m, Silver Medal in Tetherball Toss)
Special thank you to
Coaches Anthony De Los Santos, Darren Roberts, and Harold Williams for their hard work, patience, dedication, and commitment to our children throughout this season. We have a coaching staff that is second to none in the diocese and we are lucky to have them. Thank you to Stephen Thompson for helping at practices and filling the pressure cooker role at the finish line during meets. Thank you to
Stefanee Sinclair and Robert Scott who were always there at practice lending a helping hand. Thank you to Jonathan Cole for his fantastic action photographs from every single meet. Thanks to
Charlotte Victorian for her help getting us on a practice track.
Thank you especially to each and every parent for bringing kids to the practices and meets. I thank you all for your support, involvement, participation, and encouragement throughout this season. Kids compete, coaches coach and coordinate, but if we don't have the parents buying into our program, we have nothing.
Thank you again to everyone who participated in this beautiful season. I want ALL of you back running for us next year!
Jack Viera, Head Coach